Health & Wellness
The Health & Wellness programs at OPC provide members age 50+ with a welcoming and relaxed environment to achieve their fitness goals. We offer a complete line of strength and cardiovascular machines, a combination of land and aquatic classes, programming that promotes healthy aging, and personal training for persons desiring a uniquely designed fitness program.
For class descriptions and a list of payment options, please refer to the current newsletter.
- Advanced Fitness Center complete with a variety of cardio equipment and HUR strength training equipment
- Lap Pool for water exercise and lap swimming. Temp: 78-83* F
- Therapy Pool for water exercise classes, relaxing and massaging achy muscles and joints. Temp: 91-93* F
- Indoor Walking Track
- Full size Gymnasium
- Team Sports
Programming that Promotes Healthy Aging
Our goal is to help our members stay healthy and active with programming that will provide the six dimensions of wellness:
- Socialization Building a Stronger Body
- Improved brain function Environment that supports well-being
- Expanding purpose and meaning Recognizing abilities and new skills
By offering safe, fun, innovative exercise options, we hope to improve the quality of our members' everyday lives. We strive to meet the needs of exercisers from the beginner to the competitive athlete. Many of our programs address some of the issues that we face as we age. From arthritis to diabetes, heart health to balance, we are here to help.
Following are just some of the many activities offered as part of our fitness programming: (please refer to the Fitness Schedule in right column for current offerings)
- Ballet & Barre
- Strengthen Your Bones
- Step Aerobics
- Heart Healthy Fitness
- Circuit Training
- Muscles in Motion
- Tai Chi
- Tone, Stretch & Balance
- Back Health
- Pilates Strength Training
- Strength & Stretch for Parkinson's
- Cycling Classes (Schedule in right column)
- Crittenton/OPC Fitness Challenge (Schedule in right column)
The OPC has a wide variety of water classes offering multiple levels of intensity to fit any fitness level. For a complete listing of our pool classes, please go to Aquatic Schedule in right column. Following is a list of some of the aquatic classes:
- Liquid Boot Camp
- Water Works Aerobics
- Making Waves
- Tai Chi
- Healthy Joints
- Swim Lessons
- Swim Team
A personal trainer can help you define your fitness goals. They take into account your current fitness level and discuss what you want to achieve through your workouts. Our trainers are able to help you set your goals so they’re realistic and achievable. A signed contract is required before participating.
For more information on Personal Training, please contact 248-608-0278.
A wide variety of individual and team sports are offered in the gym throughout the week including: (for current offerings, please refer to the Gym schedule in right column)
- Pickleball (Lessons, Ladders, Drill Skills, Mixers)
- Table Tennis
- Basketball 5-on-5
An opportunity to participate in a activity in the community that is social and team oriented.
- Nordic Walking