Home Delivered Meals - Meals on Wheels
OPC’s Meals on Wheels program is designed for seniors unable to shop and/or prepare meals. MOW allows a senior to age in place, encouraging independence for those who wish to remain in their home for as long as possible. OPC’s MOW Program is more than a meal. Volunteers provide a wellness check in addition to delivering a hot, nutritious meal to homebound seniors. There is no waiting list, and meals are received within 24 hours of request.
Meals are available:
- Everyday in: Rochester, Rochester Hills, Oakland Township, Auburn Hills, Independence Township, Orion and Oxford
- Monday through Friday: Addison and Brandon
Eligibility and Service Options:
- 60 years of age and older
- Unable to grocery shop and/or prepare nutritious meals
- No income requirements
- Short term option available while recuperating or rehabilitating
To receive a meal:
- Call 248-608-0264 between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm - Monday through Friday
- A Nutrition Assessor will schedule a home visit to confirm eligibility
Nutritional supplements such as Ensure are available to area seniors based on medical need. Talk to your physician to see if a nutritional supplement is recommended. A prescription is required. Prices vary by product. Call 248-608-0264 to register.
Lunch in the OPC Dining Room
You are invited to join us for lunch at OPC, Monday through Friday at 12:00 pm.
Daily special with salad bar or soup:
- $4.00 for anyone 59 years of age and under
- $3.00 donation for 60 years of age and older
- $1.00 Ala carte offerings – soup or salad bar
- A reservation 24 hours in advance is required. Please call 248-656-1403 Ext. 0 by 11:00 am the day prior to your visit. Note: A meal on Monday requires a call by 11:00 am the previous Friday.
Food Distribution Programs
Programs are available for income qualified individuals and have specific age guidelines. For more information call 248-608-0249. pdf Click here for USDA Policies. (722 KB)
- Focus Hope is a monthly program for seniors age 60 and older.
- TEFAP (The Emergency Food Assistance Program), is a quarterly program for income eligible Oakland County residents.