Welcome to OPC Adult Day Service!
A specialized day program that offers a healthy, active place for your loved one to spend the day.
What is Adult Day Service?
Adult day services is a professional care setting in which older adults, adults living with dementia, or adults living with disabilities benefit from individualized therapeutic, social, and health related services.
The Adult Day Service is an important source of support for family caregivers. The program offers a safe, caring environment for the participants and respite for their caregivers during the day, enabling individuals to live at home and remain independent in their communities.
Our program provides a full curriculum of activities for seniors who may function somewhat independently, but who are socially isolated and need structure, activities, mental stimulation and/or supervision in a home environment. We discuss current events, play cards and board games, get involved in art and crafts projects, take field trips and sometimes we sing, dance, tells stories, and just have a lot of fun.
Benefits for Attending:
- Socialization and peer support
- Activities to maintain and enhance physical, social, emotional and cognitive functioning
- Maximized independence of activities for daily living
- Avenues to renew old interests or learn new skills leading to improved sense of self-worth and accomplishment
- Respite for the caregiver
- An opportunity to prevent premature or inappropriate nursing home placement
Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, based on enrollment.
How to Enroll:
Call to arrange a visit to acquaint family and clients with the program. A prescreening for enrollment is required with the client, family, nurse and the ADS manager.
- Hot meals and snacks provided on a daily basis with admission
- Mini-bus service is available for clients living within Rochester, Rochester Hills or Oakland Township
Older Persons’ Commission
650 Letica Drive
Rochester, MI 48307